- They pulled it off in about 3 weeks.
- Found a venue (shout out Public House at the Luxor, Las Vegas) that worked with budget.
- Got cos they work for to sponsor (Quantum Workforce/Dovetail– maybe some others?). Actually Quantum chose to skip the #shrm15 vendor booth to sponsor this social event. Folks can relate to empathy better than swag.
- Had about 80 in attendance.
- Raised to date $3k — still taking pledges. Click here to do contribute.
You want to do something like this for your organization. Easy steps:
- Find charity you feel compelled to help > www.charitynavigator.org
- Find a fundraising platform > www.gofundme.com
- Have fun; here are some ideas > www.fundraiserinsight.org
- Connect the audience to those who have been impacted by the charity. You must connect folks hearts to the cause. Just stats or just a flyer about the group doesn’t cut it.
- Go for the ask. Don’t be afraid to ask for donations. And don’t just ask your family (the easy ones).
Simple. No excuses.